Gluten Free Amazon Shopping.. Made Easy

Amazon is a great source for gluten free products in bulk and they have a lot of specials. I don't mind searching through Amazon most of the times but sometimes when you are looking for gluten free items in a hurry or telling someone about different products. I made it simple here is my store front on Amazon with all gluten free products and books ! Shop with Amazon confidence, prices and reliability. The prices are the exact same as Amazon I just put it under one roof for you! It is in the works so I will be adding more items this whole week!! Gluten Free Store

Monday, March 26, 2007

Coconut Flour

Yesterday I was looking thru my coconut flour cookbook to try something new. I was actually looking for a cookie or something sweet as thats what I think of with coconut. I was reading thru the bread section and ran across a recipe for Garlic Cheese Biscuits. I had all of the ingredients except onion powder so I decided to try them. I thought it wasn't very much flour for biscuits but wow they were wonderful. I added some parsley to them for color. I really need to start taking pictures for the blog.

I will post the recipe later. But they were moist and didn't taste coconutty like I thought they might. So good I had to make a double batch. The recipe made 6 even though it said 8. I also thought of making them bigger I have a hamburger bun pan coming I bought on ebay and I think it will work for sandwich buns. They were moist and tasted better than the ones from Red Lobster and super easy to make. I didn't sift the flour like it said to I forgot my grandmas sifter mostly used for powdered sugar more than likely has flour in it. So I took a fork and fluffed out so it wouldnt clump.

The Recipe book I used is Cooking with Coconut flour by Bruce Fife ND



1 comment:

ByTheBay said...

I have had terrible luck with the recipes from the coconut flour cookbook. The consistency of most baked goods made with coconut flour only is so chalky and wierd. I look forward to hearing more about which recipes you make work!